- The same data security as online banking. It is completely private, password encoded and not Google searchable
- A sharewall to post updates (videos and pictures) and exchange supportive messages among all network members. The wall is a place to help keep everyone informed, reducing the social isolation associated with this level of change that refugees will face.
- A calendar of events that offers the network owner and members an avenue to be more informed about upcoming events, appointments and it helps others within the network plan when activities can have the greatest impact. As well, at the site level, the calendar can be used to schedule and inform network participants of local events.
- Secure vault (file storage) to store important individual documents that can be shared with selected network members and/or share and store information that may be of benefit to the groups within that community.
- A place for requesting assistance, giving members of the support network the opportunity to know when their assistance is most needed. This promotes the model of “Shared Care.”
- A private and secure message system.
- Resources and tools available in the library for network owners and all network members to increase their knowledge. This library can be categorized for ease of access and customized to each type of network. Common resources can be shared amongst different Tyze sites in the case of agency involvement with multiple support networks.